Name Checker - A Free Username Availability Checker
Our Name Checker provides a free online tool to check the availability of unique ideas about brand names or social media usernames across multiple social media platforms in a single click. It also finds the available domain name against your desired Brand Name or social media username.
A username is the best way to express that idea and tell people why they should follow you.
Our username checker helps you find the username for all popular Social Media Platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, etc., rather than manually going to each site to check the username's availability. This Social media username checker gets your job done in a single click.
How to Check the Domain Name and Social Media Username or Handle Availability Using Our Name Checker?
To check username availability, perform the following steps.
- Open the Social Media Name Checker. (Our username availability checker also works as an Instagram name checker and Facebook username checker.)
- Enter the unique idea, brand name, or username for your social media and go for a search.
- The Name checking tool searches your provided username on all the top social media platforms.
- The tool also searches for names of websites in top TLDs. If that username is available on different TLDs, then nothing is better than a domain name search with that username. Pick the domain name and then follow the steps to complete the domain registration process.
Looking for more tools on DNSChecker? Why do not you try our QR Code Generator, QR Code Scanner Online, and Morse Code Decoder? All the Productivity tools are top-notch and free!
What Are Social Media Handles?
Social media handles are the usernames or identities of any person or business used on social media platforms. These are your public usernames.
What Is the Importance of Social Media Usernames or Handles?
Social media handles are of significant importance to you. It includes:
- Brand Identity: Social Media usernames allow businesses to establish a recognizable and consistent presence across platforms serving as the most important part of brand identity. Consistent usernames help users easily find and connect with the brand online.
- Online Presence: Consistent usernames across social media platforms enhances the online presence by allowing them to communicate to a broader audience effectively.
- User Recognition: Memorable and easy-to-find usernames enable users to identify and remember a brand, making it more likely for them to engage with and follow the account.
- Credibility and Trust: A consistent username adds credibility to a brand or individual. It signals that the account is genuine.
- Cross-platform Engagement: Having the same username on different social media platforms facilitates cross-platform engagement. Users who find a brand on one platform can easily locate and engage with them on other platforms as well.
- Personal Branding: Unanimous usernames play a key role in personal branding for individuals. They help individuals establish and maintain a consistent online identity, which can be important for networking and career opportunities.
How to Create an Excellent Social Media Username?
Creating an excellent social media username is essential to branding, as this username represents your brand.
- Simple and related: Your username must be simple and related to your brand. You can achieve this goal by applying the K.I.S.S (Keep It Super Simple) principle.
- Use first or second name: Use your first or second name, especially if you are going for personal branding. This highly tends to users for relativity and remembrance.
- Try Abbreviations: You can also use the abbreviation or leetspeak as a social media handle. Make sure that abbreviations must be short and relatable to your brand.
- Use Domain Names: Use the domain name of your brand’s website as a social media handle. That ensures consistency for your brand.
- Combine Words: Mixing two words can help you to create a unique and interactive username.
- Avoid Complex Characters: Keeping your username simple and easy to remember is another major factor that needs attention. Avoid excessive numbers or special characters that make it hard for others to find you.
What if My Social Name Is Already Taken?
Due to the large number of social media users, it often happens that the social media name is already taken. Here are some tips for you to cope with this issue:
- By shortening (meaningfully) your username.
- By adding an adjective.
- Using your first or last name with an acronym.
- Adding official for your business account.
- Adding “this” or “that” or “the” before the username also helps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I reserve a name using this Name Checker?
Our Name Checker does not help you reserve your domain name. It is primarily a tool for checking the username & domain name availability.
Is this Name Checker work only for individuals?
Our name checker equally helps businesses, organizations, & brands find the available and suitable usernames and domain names like it helps individuals.
What platforms does our Name Checker support?
Our username checker supports almost all major Social Media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Blogger, etc. Our Name Check tool helps you check username availability across Social media platforms and domains.