URL Rewrite Generator - Free Online Mod Rewrite Generator
The free online URL rewriting tool quickly turns a long dynamic URL into a static URL with a single click. It will also create the .htaccess file code to rewrite URLs for the websites hosted on an Apache Server.
How can the URL rewrite generator be used to get htaccess SEO friendly URL (turning long dynamic URLs into static URLs)?
Database-driven websites are great, but it would be much better to serve your web pages that are easy to handle for search engines and end-users.
One solution to dynamic URLs is to rewrite the URLs, and you can achieve this by performing the following steps.
- Open the URL Rewriting Tool.
- Enter the dynamic URL in the space provided, and click on the "Rewrite URL" button.
- The system will process your request and will give you a shorter and more static URL. The tool can rewrite both single pages and directories.
- URL rewriting of this type will only work if you are hosted with an Apache server. It comes with its built-in URL rewriting module, Apache Mod Rewrite Rule.
- You must design a file called ".htaccess" and paste the code generated into it. Once you have completed the .htacess file, copy it into your web directory.
Looking for more Dev Tools on DNS Checker? Why do not you try our Open Graph Tester, English to binary translator, and Raid 6 Calculator? All the tools are top-notch and free!
Static versus dynamic URLs - Why do you need to Rewrite URLs?
Search engines and users do not love dynamic URLs because these URLs cannot tell more about the landing page's content.
An example of a dynamic URL is
If you convert the dynamic URL into a static URL.
Reasons why SEO-friendly URLs perform better than dynamic URLs
The first method that website owners, web admins, and SEO experts adopt is to convert their website's long dynamic URLs to static URLs.Because the shorter or static URLs are user-friendly and easy to remember. You can also bookmark those when needed.
It also helps to improve SEO ranking by optimizing SERPs.
Today, SEO was different from a decade ago. Search engines continuously work on their algorithm to filter the most relevant and SEO-friendly results for their users.
After designing a website, the subsequent step is to prepare your website for search engine optimization, which takes a lot of hard work and effort. You cannot even ignore a small SEO ranking factor, like URL type, significantly impacting your ranking and traffic.
Therefore, if you still use long dynamic URLs, you must shift to the user and SEO-friendly, static, or shorter URL structure.
There are several reasons why SEO-friendly URLs perform better than dynamic URLs, and why do you need to write the URL?
A couple of them are
- Dynamic URLs are not always there. They are generated when the user performs some action like fill the form and submitting it or performing a search using a website search bar. These pages are non-existence for the search engines because the web is indexed by crawling it, not by filling out the form.
- Even if a dynamic URL is generated on the user request and saved on the server, the search engines try to skip it because it includes many question marks or other special characters or symbols (query parameters).
- Dynamic URLs lead to duplicate content because the same content is available under different URLs. Therefore, canonical tags are used to overcome that issue. Use 301 redirect generator from non-www to www redirects.
- Dynamic URLs tend to have a poor click-through rate on search result pages. They usually do not have keywords inserted in the URLs, and it is highly recommended to have keywords rich URLs. Check how your URL will display on the Google search engine with the SERP tool.
- Dynamic URLs are longer than static URLs. From the SEO perspective, it is pretty clear that shorter URLs perform better than longer URLs.
Why do search engines (like Google) prefer static URLs over dynamic URLs?
In the past, search engines did not index dynamic URLs. Even today, they index the dynamic URLs, but that process is relatively slow compared to static URLs.
Therefore, today static URLs are preferred over dynamic URLs for the following reasons.
- Usually, static URLs rank better in search engines than dynamic URLs.
- Static URLs are always SEO-friendly.
- Static URLs are still more familiar to the end-users, easy to remember, and easy to bookmark.
- The search engines index the content of the dynamic URLs relatively slower than the static URLs.
- Static URLs are easy to communicate by voice and share than dynamic URLs.
From the above URLs example, you can easily understand
- A simple URL structure helps search engines distinguish the folder names and link them to the actual keywords.
- The dynamic URLs contain the query string that may constrain the search engine to index the URL.
- SEOs prefer static URLs over dynamic URLs because they are more attractive to search engine crawlers and get better rank and traffic.
If you are running an e-commerce website, it will be possible that more people will notice your web pages on search engines which could lead to more traffic and prob